Wednesday, July 29, 2009

June 20

My cousin, Shannon, finally found her prince. I was blessed with having the honor of being in her wedding. I carried flowers down the aisle to represent the grandparents that had past on or were not able to make it to the wedding. The wedding festivities started on Friday June 19 with a bridal luncheon for the brides party. I got to meet the rest of her party and her stepdaughters E and V. E and V love Shannon to death and so does Shannon. During the party they kept asking her stuff and loving on her. Sweet little girls.
Mother of the bride Cindy and Bride Shannon

Bride's party

Bride's family and more of the Bride's party

Aunt Ruth and my mom

Shannon and I

Rehearsal at the church was crazy but fun. It went smooth. We had 7 little ones running around that were part of the ceremony. After rehearsal we headed to Z'Tejas for some yummy Mexican food and conversation.
Groom's family

Anne, Uncle Lowell, and Aunt Ruth

Shannon & James with friends

Shannon & James listening to speeches from friends and family

Saturday June 20 was wedding day. I went and got my hair done while my Aunt and her sister were getting theirs done. I met up with Shannon and the rest of her girls to get ready at the church around 4. We all jumped in our dresses and got ready. As I was getting ready Olivia had asked me if Shannon told me what the dresses looked like because mine was almost the same dress. All the girls laughed and said I had great taste. Before the ceremony we had pictures with the bride. The church smelled wonderful with all the roses that were used. After pictures we headed back to where we got dressed and waited for the start of the ceremony.It was a beautiful ceremony. Shannon looked like a princess and James her prince. I am so happy she found her prince. After the ceremony we had more pictures and then headed to the reception at the Headliners Club.
Shannon & James with the flower girls & ring bearers

Justin & Ian were ushers

Wedding party

Yummy cake

Jeff's, Shannon's brother, band did the music for the reception.

Shannon & James' first dance as husband and wife

Father/Daughter dance

Me & the happy couple :)

Watty even enjoyed the wedding. He wasn't in it with me but came along all dressed up. The florist even surprised us with a corsage for Watty to wear. By the end of the ceremony all of the flowers had been shook off.

No comments: