Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who did we meet?

While in Nashville we had many opportunities to meet different artists. We only met a handful but will meet a lot more when Jen and I go again next June.

We had already met Chuck at the softball game but wanted to say hi again at the fan club party. As we were headed to get in line we were stopped by Chuck's manager and were told to follow him. We went to a back room where the meet and greets were being held and we were going to meet Chuck before anyone else. We had about 10 minutes alone with Chuck! My favorite picture is the top picture. I wanted to hug him and he saw what Jen was doing and he helped hold my arm around his neck.



Watty and I met Lucas Hoge from the show Last Chance Highway on Animal Planet. Lucas is also a singer. As you can see Watty loved meeting him!

Chris Young and I

The day Rascal Flatts was to perform they had sound check earlier that morning. We found out when it was and went to listen and possibly catch the guys heading to their bus afterword. We were waiting and the first Flatt we spotted was Chank, the fiddle player, coming out of the tunnel. He stopped and waited for us to get to him after he rounded the fence. What was funny was we told Watty lets go say hi to Chank and he took off at a run to Chank. Watty has NEVER met Chank before and we were stunned! Chank said he would take a picture with just Watty. Watty is the unofficial mascot of the Flatts :P. As Chank was standing up Watty went to move and I have no clue what Chank did because I didn't see or hear him do/say anything to Watty but he went straight into a sit and waited to be handed back to me. Jen said she heard him use like a clicking sound. After that encounter Watty and Chank are buddies.

Joe Don, Jay and I

Gary, Watty and I
Rascal Flatts had a signing that we headed to but when we got to the venue where they were my chair blew a fuse while we were unloading me and we weren't able to get in line. We had to find a wheelchair shop on a Saturday in a town we weren't familiar with. God had us in his hands and we found a shop. While we were waiting for the on call tech to come one of the techs that work on the chairs showed up. We got me out of the chair and were blessed again by the guys having the correct part in the shop and not charging us a fee at all. By the time we got to the venue the line was out the door and they weren't letting anyone else in line. We got close enough to the line to be able to sit there and watch the guys sign autographs and get pictures taken. We asked a lady in line if she wouldn't mind asking Jay to wave to me after her meet & greet. She agreed and I wasn't expecting anything really. After her meet and greet she asked Jay to wave to me and he found me, waved and said hey baby and waved again. A few minutes later a lady walked up and told me to come with her, so Jen and I followed her to a staging area and sat there. All of a sudden Jay, Joe Don, and Gary come walking through the door. First words out of Jay's mouth was "I heard you had some problems with your chair. I'm glad you were able to get it fixed."

Zach & Josh Carter

James & Jody of Fast Ryde

Micheal, Leslie & Scott of The Hearters

Jen & I with Bryan, Ryan, Jim, & Adam of Adam Craig Band

We met Josh Turner at his fan club party. He was happy to take a picture with Watty but Watty didn't want to cooperate. By this time of the week he was tired and ready to head home even though we had a few more days left before we were to head home.

1 comment:

Sarah and Romeo said...

Last Chance Highway! I love that show, so cool. Oh you meeting the artists was cool too...lol!