Friday, August 7, 2009

Dallas World Aquarium

On Saturday my Aunt and Uncle joined Megan, Katie and I at the Dallas World Aquarium. When we got there we thought all we were going to see were fish and aquatic life since it was called an aquarium. Boy were we wrong. They had all sorts of animals: monkeys, gators, otters, birds, turtles, snakes, bats and of course aquatic animals. I had taken Watty thinking it was just going to be fish, like my Uncle put it. Some of the birds were free flight birds and some were in enclosures. The monkeys were in enclosures also and they were actually interested in Watty. Of course Watty was interested in them too.



DWA has manatees and that was a sight for me. I loved watching them. So big but graceful. Watty watched them too and I think he wanted to join them because I had to calm him a few times. He did well just laying watching them. He did a lot better with the penguins compared to when we went to Moody Gardens with Lisa and Michelle.

Watty tried to get the leopard to play with him. All the leopard did was lay there. It was actually pretty funny. At that time I could hear Michelle telling people I take Watty places to entertain him. :P Love ya Michelle.

2 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

HA HA - I could hear Michelle saying that in my head as I was reading it too! :D I haven't been to DWA in a long time, but I LOVED it when I went. I loved the Manatees too!

Sarah and Romeo said...

wow! your a posting maniac!! Awesome that you two are having so many adventures! Wish there was a zoo/aquarium close to her, but I've have to drive a bit :( Looks like fun!