Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fun Firsts

Before I left for Katie's mom asked me about going to a club. I was confused because Katie and I hadn't planed on going to one. When I got to Katie's and asked her I found out dad told her dad that I said that Katie said we were going to a club. We weren't going to go but last second Katie changed her mind. I wanted to go to a country night club and my other cousin, Hardy, knew the club to go to. We looked up the club on the net and I saw Trailer Choir was going to be there that night. When I saw that I busted out laughing and was so excited.

Before we headed to the club Katie and I met her friend Shannon for dinner. Dinner was just the start of the awesome night I had. At the restaurant they have the best apple pie. Katie was wafting the smell to me and the waitress asked us to waft the smell to the table next to us. Shannon took off the top half of ice cream as she was wafting the smell and the ice cream landed in the guys mouth. We all busted out laughing. We had a blast.

We met my cousin's Hardy and Leslie back at Katie's apartment and headed to Red River. When we got there Tailor Choir was already playing. After their set they did a meet and greet by where they were selling shirts and hats. I got to meet Chrystal, Butter, and Big Vinny. A neat group of people.

Katie, Shannon, and I got a drink and chatted. We then decided it was time to dance. We did that for a while and all of a sudden Shannon disappeared. When I found her Katie was telling me don't worry and Shannon was at the bar. Shannon brought us each a shot of tequila. My first shot and it was NASTY!

After Trailer Choir performed the DJ played some music for a while. Katie, Shannon and I got down and had fun. Shannon was even dragged out on the dance floor by some random guy. After he made her dizzy she came back to us... I think she had fun. A little bit later another performer came out. I had heard his name before but didn't remember where. Had to come home and look him up. He's a cutie and an awesome artist. His name is Jamey Garner and I found out he was on Nashville Star.
At the end of Jamey's set we headed home. I wanted to stay longer but Leslie had to work in the morning. We also had to relieve Megan from puppy-sitting duties. Megan puppy-sat Watty for me so he didn't have to be kenneled. The report I got was all he did was sleep. My favorite quote from that night was from Katie...."I've created a monster!"

1 comment:

Lisa and pups said...

ha ha ha ha!:D Looks like you had a great time!