Friday, October 15, 2010

Swollen Face

Yesterday Watty looked like he had been punched in the face. After lunch I was in the room where my computer is and Watty was on the couch beside me. I had called his name and he didn't raise his head up so i started goofing of and he wagged his tail but wouldn't raise his head up. I finally said Watkins and he raised his head up and looked at me. When I saw his face I had Olivia come look at him to make sure I wasn't seeing things. We determine yes his face was swollen and I then decided to take him to the vet. His eyes almost were swollen shut and his ears were a little swollen. Once checked out we have decide he must have tried to pick up a wasp or bee because only one side of his mouth was swollen. He stayed the afternoon at the vet just to keep an eye on him. He is now on steroids and benadryl for a few days. When I got him back yesterday afternoon he looked so much better.

No comments: