Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas with kennel cough

Yes you read that right, kennel cough. Yesterday Watkins was in his kennel while I took a shower and as I was getting dressed he barked. After he barked he started coughing/gagging and hacking to where I thought he might stop breathing. A minute or two later he stopped and was fine. Well about 4:30 when the mailman came to the door he barked and it happened again. At that time I called the vet and made an appointment for today. Last night he did it one more time and also this morning. I took him to the vet and he is on "house arrest" unless I need him to go with me and medication. Also we get to have a humidifier going too. Watty loves to keep me jumping.

1 comment:

Lisa and pups said...

Sounds like you caught it quickly. Hope he feels better soon!